A spiritually maturity is when a person knows that their word means everything. They are seldom quick to take on new commitments, but take time to discern whether it is consistent with their values and if there is time and energy to devote to something new.
To understand spiritual maturity, we should split open the two words and try to understand its true meaning in individual sense. To my amazement when I searched the meaning of spirituality, it showed that spirituality does not have one definition. It is defined differently by all religions all over the world. Depending upon the way they perceived spirituality. According to me, spirituality knows about God, Life, Purpose and its Existence. The prevalent mystic power. Maturity is the ability to respond to the environment in an appropriate manner. Maturity also encompasses being aware of the correct time and place to behave and knowing when to act appropriately, according to the circumstances and the culture of the society one lives in.
Let’s Learn In Short
What is spiritual maturity?
- Spiritual Maturity is when you stop trying to change others, instead focus on changing yourself.
- Spiritual Maturity is when you accept people as they are.
- Spiritual Maturity is when you understand everyone is right in his or her own perspective.
- Spiritual Maturity is when you learn to “let go”.
- Spiritual Maturity is when you are able to drop “expectations” from a relationship and give for the sake of giving.
- Spiritual Maturity is when you understand whatever you do; you do for your own peace.
- Spiritual Maturity is when you stop proving to the world, how intelligent you are.
- Spiritual Maturity is when you do not seek approval from others.
- Spiritual Maturity is when you stop comparing with others.
- Spiritual Maturity is when you are at peace with yourself.
- Spiritual Maturity is when you are able to differentiate between “need” and “want” and are able to let go of your wants.
& LAST BUT MOST MEANINGFUL!
- You gain Spiritual Maturity when you stop attaching “happiness” to material things!
Dr. Anil K Gupta
M.B.B.S, M.S., Ph.D.
“Wishing all a happy spiritually matured life.